What can I expect from my first treatment session?
Your initial Holistic massage session will involve a 20 minute detailed consultation where I will ask questions about your lifestyle and general medical history. This is to make sure there are no medical contraindications which may prevent me from treating you. It also enables me to tailor your treatment, making it unique to suit your needs on the day.
This will be cross referenced at every session to make sure you are benefiting from your treatments and allow continual assessment of your Holistic health.
This information is kept strictly confidential and complies with data protection laws.
After the treatment, you will have time to slowly adjust before you leave.
Clients are reminded that they are fully responsible for their own well-being and for providing the relevant personal and medical information.
This is YOUR time, YOUR massage.
You may wish to consider
- Massages are less comfortable after a heavy meal, and alcohol should not be consumed prior to your treatment.
- Oils such as almond, grapeseed and wheatgerm are used as massage mediums.
- Jewellery will need to be removed (apart from wedding rings and body piercings).
After your treatment, it is not uncommon to experience the following:
- Frequent urination
Massage touch makes the body systems function more efficiently, speeding up waste removal and the elimination of toxins, so this is a good thing!
Please be sure to:
- Drink plenty of water to help your body with the removal of toxins,
- Eat a light meal after the treatment, to give your body time to remove waste products.
- Do not drink alcohol, tea or coffee for 24hrs after the treatment to prevent overloading your body with toxins.
What are the benefits of massage?
The benefits of massage touch are wide and varied. Most benefits are felt both physiologically and psychologically.
Physiological and psychological benefits include:
- Improved circulation and blood flow throughout the body.
- The release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller and anti-depressant.
- The relief of muscle fatigue, tired and stiff joints.
- Soothing and stimulation of the nervous system.
- A feeling of well-being, therefore improvement with feelings of depression, low self-worth and anxiety.
- Help with insomnia.
- The speeding up of digestion which helps your body rid itself of toxins and waste.
- Encouraging lymph drainage thus reducing uncomfortable swelling.
- Improvement of skin tone and colour and the shedding of dead cells.
- Boosting of your immune system so weakened by constant stress.
- A calming, soothing, and harmonising effect on one’s mind.
What are the massage mediums used?
The recommended base oil includes grape seed, sweet almond, sunflower, jojoba, and evening primrose: